Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Independence Day

I really enjoyed our party this Saturday. It turned out to be a wonderful experience. We ended up with more food than we started with, and lots of interesting drinks. Sunday morning we had barbecued chicken for breakfast on the grill. Nick Lesher was seen drinking directly out of a bottle of wine. (He said something like: this is just water right?)

It was suprisingly not very messy. I did not finish cleaning Sunday or today, so I've got some more cleaning work to do.

Today I grilled the extra Halibut, and I still have about sixteen brats. Anybody want to come over and eat brats with me?

Scott Schwemin made an appearance, and visited Vicky and Ian's 16 entry rib contest with us. It was good to see him back from the Navy, and in seemingly good shape.

Excellent spot to watch the fireworks downtown: NE corner of Buckingham fountain in the grass triangle surrounded by bushes.

I don't think I've been relaxed at all by this weekend.

Frustrated by closed bars this weekend: first, after the taste on Sunday, Manhattan's was closed. (Jen Steven's old Law School bar.) And tonight the Butcher's Dog was closed. (Luther's reportedly best pint of Guinness bar.) We'll try again some other time.

Saturday I got to play piano sitting next to an opera singer. Tonight I got to play piano with two four year olds. (One requested the ABC song, and I came through for him. I think he was impressed.) Zeke has good rythm, but needs a little work on hitting individual keys.

Maybe next week I'll figure out the meaning of life, but tonight I'll sleep and try not to think too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home