Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Shure Thing.

There is a rock band playing in my living room. It's like having my own private concert. It's only 9:22, so the neighbor's can't even really complain.

So, two days ago at 3pm or so, I find out that they have decided to build a few boards on a four day turn and they will be showing up on Tuesday. Yes, that's yesterday. That means I stopped writing test-plans and started porting code like a mad man. My schedule had me convinced I had plenty of time to write test plans before I started coding. Not so. I'm having meetings tomorrow with my manager, the project manager, and the team to discuss our schedules and clarify why this happened.

Fortunately I did get a software load to build today, a total hack, but it built. I got it to load on the demo board too. That's pretty good progress for one day I'd say.

Melanie soldered the parts on the board for me, and by 4:15pm I had what was supposed to be a working board. She had put the power supply, LED's, and switches, and that should have been enough. There's really not much to programming the board. Only two pins, reset and background. So when it didn't just go, Leif (the guy who I inherited the code from), Melanie (who did the schematic) and I, decided it must be a short somewhere. At 6:30 or so they went home, and a few minutes later, after looking closely I noticed that the processor was placed down 90 degrees away from the way it should have been. I put a post-it note on Melanie's monitor. She's not going to be too happy about this. I think that probably means the part is trash, if not the whole board. But it buys me another day to finish my code.

I've got a 9 am meeting tomorrow, so I've got to go to bed soon. Insulation and lawn mowing will have to get done some other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home