Monday, May 16, 2005

Long day.

This past weekend I did no insulation.

Today I finally did, but I'm still not done with the work. One of the guys at work is starting to joke that I've had "two days" worth of work left on the insulation for the last three weeks.

Today I did put up a platform to do the insulation above the stairs. And I did finish putting up all of the insulation on the second floor besides the stairs. So all that is left is the stairwell and filling in the spots on the first floor. I'm getting there slowly. Anybody know if the staples are really necessary if the insulation stays in place on its own? Maybe I can leave out some of the staples to save time. A lot of what I did is not stapled yet.

This past weekend I went camping with my dad. We did our annual pilgrimage to Wisconsin, complete with nine-mile hike. The weather held out for us. Blue skies and puffy white clouds. Beer and Brats and Bacon. It was beautiful.

Got to sit in my hot-tub Saturday night. It's beautiful. I'm going to like this even more than having it under the pine tree, out the back door. It's now up high enough that all I saw was roof-tops, the pine tree, the hickory, blue sky, puffy white clouds, airplanes, the moon, stars, then pink clouds, purple clouds, dark blue sky, stars, very dark sky, constellations.... gosh it's getting late. Oooo ... it's cold out...

I go back inside and there is a rock band in my living room in the middle of playing a song. I guess I was in the hot-tub for quite a while. I sure felt good after that though.

Saturday night Liz Griffiths had a party. All the old folks were there. I ended up at Darien's place till four in the morning and then up at TBP (Taco Burrito Palace #2). I slept in.

Soccer sunday went well. This time nobody broke a leg. Report on the guy who got hurt:

"It was a broken tib-fib, and he had some pins put in, and he went into surgery that night, and they gave him a morphine IV." If he went to surgery on a Sunday night, it must've been bad...

Yeah, I knew that crack sounded loud... ouch.

Showed Nick Lesher my place yesterday. Today he called to say he will want to move in. It looks like I've got a new roommate. If it gets too confusing with two Nick's, I'll have to kick him out. Thanks Rami for the reference.

So now I have even more work to do around the house to get ready for him. All the studio equipment has to move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home