Tuesday, August 02, 2005


I just bought a pair of monitor speaker stands from Guitar Center. I should have got these a long time ago, but somehow I didn't. Anyway, they're not bad, but since my speakers weigh about 30 pounds each, I also decided to get some tie-down straps just in case. Although these stands are rated to 200 Lbs, I wouldn't want to put that much weight on them. Even 30 pounds seems like a lot. These guys have a fairly heavy base, but not that heavy. They seem a bit top heavy, but stable enough to make me comfortable... with the tie-down straps (available at home-depot, but only in red. I might dye them black if I really care.

I'm also planning on buying one of these bad boys. I think I'll wait until I get the studio set up a bit better, because I currently have no place to put it except maybe on top of the existing piano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home