Monday, March 21, 2005

Step one complete.

I got the call today that I have been waiting for. I didn't accept the offer right away, because it was initally about 10% less than what I currently get, and quickly dropped to 4% less when I complained, but I don't think it is going to improve more or end up at an actual increase.

I can expect to overcome the initial drop in about a year, but it sure would have been easier had they offered me 10% more, not 4% less. Oh well, I guess that's how the market goes. Now I have to decide what to do about it. Any suggestions? Anybody know what I'm talking about?

It is a nice improvement in terms of opportunities, but right now I'm in a financial pinch due to the 20% or so overbudget coach house project.

I think I should just go with it. I told them I'd sleep on it and call back tomorrow. When do I tell the boss? Now or after I accept?

The next day or so are going to be rough on me. Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Fortunately I just finished an important piece of code here at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home