Friday, April 22, 2005

What a very long day.

Got a call from my mortgage people. They are going to give me the money! I have to wait till Wednesday for the closing, which will happen in Skokie. I hope my work is flexible enough to take a long lunch that day. That means I can actually pay to finish this over-priced hot-tub gazebo. Woo hoo!

I itch. Fiberglass.

Tomorrow I help Kelly move. That will be a nice break from the work this week.

The hot-tub is now installed. I rented an 18 ton crane to install it. I was suprised when it showed up at 10:30am, because I thought it was supposed to arrive at noon. I had the time wrong. I had to do a super hustle to get some man power to get the thing in place. I think I got it on video. I borrowed Ashley's camera. I'll see if I can get the video up on the web.

I have discovered a slight flaw in my hot-tub deck plans. I think I want to make a change. I had left a space between the wall and the hot-tub to allow the cover to be stowed. However, it is impossible for a preson to grab the cover from the edge and re-cover the hot-tub once the cover is between the wall and the tub. You just can't develop enough leverage agains the seven foot lever arm created by the cover. I think I want to put the cover away from the wall, so that it can be grabbed from the middle and easily re-covered. This might not be possible because of the way the platform for the hot-tub was built. Since the platform was made with the other configuration in mind, it may not be able to create a cedar deck to cover the piece of the platform that would extend beyond the hot-tub.

That description could use some pictures, yeah?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home